Tuesday, September 16, 2008

People [best friends]


In a single day, how many people do we pass? For some people it’s a hundred, others a thousand, some a million, and maybe for some of us, is hundreds of millions. We can never be sure. Out of the hundreds or millions of people we pass by each day and for the most part not acknowledging 96% of them. Why are there always those few people who impact us the most? Why on a planet with over 6 billion people, is there 1 that I wanna be with right now? Why do we choose the inconvenient people? Why can’t my subconscious want to be with my roommate right now? That would be so easy; she is in the bed 5 feet away from me. Why don’t I yearn for her to be near me always? Why isn’t she the person who affects me so greatly? Could it be that way? NO WAY. The people I want are either SOOO close, yet a world away. Trapped in an amazingly stupid brown building with a darker brown roof, learning Spanish. Or the other ones, I need, are accessible. If you have private jet or all the money in the world. They are passing monumental experiences in their lives. College. Breakups. Braces. Missions. High School. And I am here, in an apartment with cinderblock walls that feels like the WACK SHACK. I want to be there with them, I want to hold them and tell them I love them and will always be here no matter what, but I can’t. People come in your life, people step out of your life. Why do important people leave our lives? Why do I look back on my past and have different close friends at different times. Did I need them at that point in my life and now I don’t need them? I want them; I want all the friends I have had over the years, all of the people who hold a special place in my heart.
I left my best friends. Most of them live in the 78613, 78717, or 78681. (And then whatever San Antonio’s zip code is.) Yet one very important one is in 84604. RIGHT where I am. Is that a reason to smile? NO! Cause we cannot forget the brown building… L
Best Friends. They are my backbone, they possess my heart. They are the reason I get out of bed, the reason I continue in a world that makes little sense. I made a new best friend last week. In fact this new best friend has helped me so much. Has impacted my life more than anybody else since I have been here. This best friend helps me continue, they help me wake up and get out of bed. They possess portion of my heart. This mysterious best friend’s name is 24 Hour Fitness. And for a small price of $29.99 a month, they will help me get through; they will help me continue until I can get back to the people who really matter. And the plus about this new friendship is that I get a rockin’ body out of the friendship. I love my best friends. I love them so very much. And I love 24, he [I decided it’s a he] will always be there for me 24 hours a day 7 days a week. He is the BEST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay here is my take:
1.im sorry you are in the wack shack...but say hi to hawire for me
2.who is your bestie that lives in 78681? (i mean i get that 78613 is me..i think..and 78717 is kelsi.obvisouly i mean she loves yee and you love her...)but 78681..?
3.i am in the process of convincing dad to get an airplane (he knows he wants one, he just doesn't realize that he wants it RIGHT NOW!!)
3.im glad that you have 24 hour fitness, and if all else fails you have regular 24 (ya know the one with jack bauer)

now here is a question. are you not enjoying college at all? i mean all you ever talk about is how miserable you are, i would like to hear the good about it...